Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Mr Anthony Quinn MB ChB, FRANZCO, FRCOphth, DCH
Mr Quinn’s Specialisms:
• Z-LASIK laser eye surgery – LASIK & LASEK
• LASEK vision correction
• Refractive lens surgery – including toric intraocular lens implants for astigmatism and Symfony lens implants
• High prescriptions
• Cataract surgery
• Strabismus and paediatric ophthalmology
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Comprehensive training in Ophthalmic Surgery, Auckland and Christchurch, New Zealand
• Fellowship, Toronto General Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
• Certified LASIK surgeon: AMO-VISX Star S4 Laser and Ziemer Femtosecond laser.
Mr Quinn is a highly trained and experienced vision correction specialist. His training as an eye surgeon started in Auckland and Christchurch, New Zealand, and went on to Western Australia and Toronto, Canada.
• Vision Correction Specialist and Partner – Exeter Laser Eye Surgeons
• Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, West of England Eye Unit, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
• Head of the School of Ophthalmology, NHS South West Peninsula Deanery, England (2008-2013)
• Member, Royal College of Ophthalmologists Training Committee (2010-2013)
• Director, Consultant Eye Surgeons Partnership, UK
• Chair, Consultant Eye Surgeons Partnership South West LLP (Exeter Eye)
Associations, awards and memberships:
• Fellow, Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
• Fellow, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, UK
• Member, European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
• Member, United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
• Member, American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus
• Achievements in UK Health Service recognised by national Clinical Excellence Award, ACCEA
Since his appointment as a Consultant Eye Surgeon in Exeter in 1996, Mr Quinn has performed vision correction surgery on thousands of patients of all ages, from the youngest baby to the most senior citizens. He is passionate about vision correction and is highly regarded by his patients and peers. He holds a prestigious national clinical excellence award in recognition of his contribution to eye surgery in the UK.
About Mr Quinn
Mr Quinn’s wife, Elke, has worked as a GP in Exminster and Starcross for many years. Their two daughters are starting careers in medicine and consulting. They all enjoy walks in beautiful Devon and when they can, getting out on the wonderful Exe Estuary.
A few words from Mr Quinn…
“My aim is to ensure patients have the least possible need for glasses after surgery and to correct any astigmatism. Listening to patients is the key to achieving a patient’s visual goals.
“I personally guarantee my patients will see me for an in-depth consultation prior to surgery; whereby I will evaluate which surgery is most appropriate and then, upon the patient’s approval, undertake the surgery and follow this up with a further check-up to ensure all is satisfactory. All of my patients receive my home and mobile contact details should an urgent concern arise.”
Mr Quinn and his fellow Ophthalmic Surgeons work very closely together to ensure all Exeter Eye patients have access to an experienced Consultant Eye Surgeon at all times.